GNAT for FreeBSD/64 available (two options)
2017-02-08 Filed in: Compiler
Now the entire FreeBSD Ports Ada framework is available on this soon-to-be-tier-1 platform. The existing gcc6-aux port (http://www.freshports.org/lang/gcc6-aux) was expanded to support aarch64.
From John R. Marino
- If anybody is interested in Ada on the 64-bit ARMv8 architecture, there are a couple more options available to you today.
- Last week I created a FreeBSD/DragonFly to FreeBSD64/ARM cross-compiler and placed it in ports: http://www.freshports.org/lang/gnatcross-aarch64/
- That compiler was based on previous GnatDroid work.
- Over the weekend, I used that cross-compiler to fully bootstrap FSF GCC 6.3.1 to FreeBSD/ARM64.
- I also mentioned this news on my mostly neglected website: http://www.dragonlace.net/
- Hopefully somebody finds this work useful!.