GnatDroid for Android-x86 | Ada Forge - News
GnatDroid for Android-x86
2015-11-30 Filed in: Tool | Compiler
- The GNAT-to-Android/ARM cross-compiler known as GnatDroid-ARMv7 has been available on FreeBSD and DragonFly since even before it was officially supported in GCC.
- I've produced a second cross-compiler, GnatDroid-x86 which targets the 32-bit Android/x86 platform.
- The nice thing about Android/x86 is that it can be installed on a virtual machine like VirtualBox, so it can be easier to test programs without actual hardware as for GnatDroid-ARMv7.
- GnatDroid is only available on FreeBSD and DragonFly BSD, although somebody could replicate the effort for other platforms if so desired: http://www.freshports.org/lang/gnatdroid-x86
- -John (http://www.dragonlace.net/)